Julie de Libran for Sonia Rykiel

Julie De Libran, formerly studio director of womenswear at Louis Vuitton, was assigned artisitc director of Sonia Rykiel.

Her first runway collection will be shown in September at Paris Fashion Week.

About Julie, she was born to an aristocratic Parisian family and raised in San Diego, California. She recalls her mother wearing French brands like Chanel and Sonia Rykiel.

She joined Vuitton in 2008 from Prada, where she worked for a decade; Julie has also designed for Versace and Gianfranco Ferré, and started her career at Dior after graduating from Milan’s Marangoni fashion school.

Rumors were that she would take on Marc Jacobs’ position at Louis Vuitton, wwhere she was considered second-in-command to him.

Just a reminder, Sonia Rykiel is 80 percent owned by Hong Kong-based First Heritage Brands, the investment arm of Fung Group and the Rykiel family owns the remaining 20 percent.

We can not wait to see Sonia Rykiel transformation in September!

Image

Advertisements